This article covers managing your premise information using CSV files to manage and import your premises for each client. More information about other methods for managing your premises can be found in this article: Overview of Managing Premises in RxExpress.
|Before you begin: The Premise information must be uploaded using a specific format. You can download the template file by clicking here. Once you've downloaded the file, enter the information for your premises into the file and save it somewhere easily accessible. Then, you can complete the steps shown in this article.|
You can watch a video demo of this process by clicking here.
Premise information can be uploaded using a CSV file. This is very useful when creating VFDs that support a large number of premises for a single client or complex.
Before we begin, there are a couple of things to keep in mind about this process.
- Once the list of Premises has been uploaded, those Premises will be tied to that Client/Complex through Memorize. This means that if you select that Client/Complex in Memorize, all the Premise information will also be populated without you needing to upload the CSV file again.
- Information uploaded through his process will overwrite any information already entered.
- Note that the Premise information must be formatted according to the template file linked at the beginning of this document. The file must also be saved as a CSV file.
- If you manage VFDs in such a way that you have multiple lists of premises, we recommend storing a CSV file for each list and giving each file a unique name.
The following steps will show you how to upload a CSV file with Premises.
Create a new VFD, or open an existing, unsigned VFD.
Click the Client / Complex tab in the left menu.
Scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
Click anywhere inside the gray box labeled "Drag and Drop CSV file here OR click anywhere to select CSV file".
Navigate to the place on your computer where you saved your Premise information CSV file.
Select the file. Note that only CSV files are selectable. All other file types are dithered out.
Click the Open button.
The data from the CSV file is loaded into the VFD as Premises. You can do the following with the Premise data in the VFD:
- Remove the information for a single Premise by clicking the Trash Can button for that Premise.
- Edit the data in any field for the premise. Remember that the edited data will be stored in Memorize the next time you write a VFD for this Client/Complex.
- Add more Premises by clicking the blue + button above your Premise data. You will have to manually fill in any data for Premises you add this way.